I received a 1099-B that had an incorrect cost basis.Statement said it was $2360 and I have paperwork from the Computershare site that proves $3,195 they also listed it as short term when it was purchased in 2012--5 years ago.

They said it was too hard to figure out. What??? I told them if they went into the account it was all there and that is where I had gotten my information. I did get an updated 1099-B changing it to long term stock but they did not change the cost basis.

I had received cash and stock in a different company because it was a buyout from one company to another. They sent me a check for the cash. They sent the 1099-B saying I had sold the new stock and I had to pay taxes on it. I did not sell the new stock.

I am stuck paying taxes on the exchange to the new stock which I still own and have not cashed out.I realize it is now my cost basis but this does not seem right at all.

Review about: Computershare Stock Transfer.

Reason of review: 1099-B not accurate.

Preferred solution: fix the number you sent to the IRS.

Had an Experience with Computershare?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion

World Financial Group - Gotta Feel SORRY for WFG Agents World Financial Group "WFG agents trick and cheat you. Then they recruit you and teach you how to trick and cheat other people. Seriously guys. Thats how it goes there. Why do I..." Read more World Financial Group - My God! People, Run - FLEE, FAST AS YOU CAN - From This Nightmare!!! World Financial Group "Not trying to kill your dreams here. I’m trying to -save- you, your families, your friendships, and your money from this endless soul-sucking NIGHTMARE. I worked full-time for WFG in..." Read more WHO IS ON THE TAKE HERE WHEN IT COMES TO GE CAPITAL RETAIL & PAYPAL Paypal "These Crooks can use a money figure & call it a "Debt Cancellation Fee" & when that backfires they call it a "Card Security Fee". They can tell you..." Read more Nik Lzanas with ARCLIF Group among others Arclif Group "Nik Lazanas on the picture the second from left ist involved in many criminal companies and taking money from investors, making promises and just spending the money himself on fun,..." Read more Wish - My money or a lawsuit Wish "My credit card document states that I spent over $600 in checking out my car on your app I registered out of Baltimore City I recently just got a lawsuit..." Read more Metropcs - Horrible Service, Customer Service & Experience Metropcs "Worst phone service provider I have ever used. The service is horrible the phone CCRS will place on hold 15 mins consecutive without even checking back in and make you..." Read more Proactiv - Not satisfied Proactiv "Hi just need to know ,how come u are calling proactiv that the best product ever and actually is damiging the towel , feel like they are using clor on..." Read more Shoespie and Dresswe are fraudulent! They are scamming people. Be aware Shoespie "Shoespie and Dresswe are the same company. They mislead people in their website. They post pictures of shoes or dresses from other websites making people believe they will get that...." Read more